- Retrieving the External Hard Drive
- Transferring a Finished Collection on the External Hard Drive
- Reusing the External Hard Drive
Archivists processing electronic records without using FTK or ePADD will receive an external hard drive or thumb drive with copies of files to be arranged.
- Contact the processing archivist when they have finished processing a collection.
- Arrange to pick up the external hard drive.
- Transfer the files when the collection finding aid has been approved.
- Attach the drive to your workstation.
- Rename the collection folder on DigArchDiskstation by removing _FAcomponents.
- Delete the contents of the external hard drive after the contents are transferred.