- Confirming Archivist Workstation Processing
- Preparing the External Hard Drive
- Loading the External Hard Drive
- Delivering the External Hard Drive
Archivists processing electronic records without using FTK or ePADD will receive an external hard drive or thumb drive with copies of files to be arranged.
- Open SPEC and navigate to the collection’s object records.
- Check that all the media in the collection has been transferred as files.
- Consult with Digital Archives staff if there are disk images present or transfer is incomplete.
- Attach the external hard drive or thumb drive to your workstation.
- Delete any contents on the external hard drive.
- Navigate to fileTransfers.
- Copy the collection folder to the external hard drive.
- Rename the collection folder on the external hard drive by appending _workingfiles.
- Contact the processing archivist to let them know the external hard drive is ready.
- Arrange to drop off the external hard drive at the processing archivist’s desk.